Spiti Winter Wildlife Expedition
Spiti Valley is a desert mountain valley located high in the Himalaya Mountains in the north-eastern part of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The name ‘Spiti’ means ‘The Middle Land’, the land between Tibet and India. A raw and untouched landscape that gives you a real off-road experience and a feeling of being on the roof of the world. This is an extreme experience for wildlife enthusiast and photographers.’
No. of Travel Days: 10 nights/ 11 Days
Best Season: Feb-March
Max. Altitude: 4200 m
Accommodation: Hotels, Village Home Stays
Price Design: 1 – 3 Pax: INR 45,500
Day 1: Arrival in Shimla, Drive from Shimla to Recong Peo
The trip begins from Shimla, you have to make your own arrangements to Shimla, and we pick you up from Shimla. The drive from Shimla to Reconkpeo is a day long one, we would be covering a distance of 250 km, we will start early in the morning. Stay will be in a hotel in Reckong Peo.
Day 2: Drive to Mane Village via Tabo and Nako
We finally enter the Valley in its Winter Paradise, we cross Sumdo which is the border of Dist. Kinnaur and Spiti Valley. We make a visit to the famous Tabo monastery and Nako village on our way and make our halt for the day at a beautiful Spitian village called Mane. We stay at a local cosy homestay at Mane for the night
Day 3: Rest in Mane
Mane has many bounties to offer, it is a beautiful village surrounded by high Himalayan Mountains, we
take it easy today after days of a long journey on the road and relax in Mane, go for short walks in the village or just enjoy the cosiness of the Spitian Homestay
Day 4: Wildlife Sighting in Mane
We start with our sightings for wildlife, could spot the Tibetan wolf, snow leopard, red fox and blue
sheep blue sheep. It might take long hours and long walks in order to get the right shots and sighting.
Day 5: Wildlife Sighting in Mane
Day 6: Wildlife Sighting in Mane
Day 7: Wildlife Sighting in Mane/Pin Valley
Day 8: Wildlife Sighting in Mane//Pin Valley
Day 9: Drive from Mane to Kaza, Rest Day.
We drive to Kaza and spend the night at Kaza
Day 10: Drive from Kaza to Rampur
Day 11: Drive from to Shimla
Hello Fellow Travelers, Thank you for choosing Spiti Expedition, at the offset, we are extremely excited and totally
looking forward to hosting a memorable trip for you. We love living in outdoors and the adrenaline,
we also believe that it is truly the greatest gift of God, the beauty and magic outdoors, hence the
need to respect it. We are laying very basic and easy to do guidelines for the same with the
motive of leaving a minimum footprint, preserving the flora, fauna, biodiversity and ecology of the
region along with coming close to local communities and culture of the region. We truly believe
that you will help us in initiating this and become an Eco-Traveler, if not already one. A little on what Ecotourism exactly is, A dictionary defines it as tourism directed towards unspoilt natural environments and intended
to support conservation efforts. In addition, Eco-Traveler believes in supporting, protection and
at the same time experiencing local culture and heritage. Tourism results in social, as well as
environmental impacts, and a responsible tourist needs to be aware of this.
Here is how you can help
- Carrying your own water bottle, cups, plates and filling water from a natural resource, drinking locally brewed products served in a glass or recyclable materials.
- Using litter bins to trash items that do not decompose, minimum use of purchases packed in plastic, carry a waste bag for your personal non-biodegradable waste.
- Enjoying watching the biodiversity of the geography, not playing loud music or being loud,
when we go outdoors, we are borrowing home of animals and birds, it’s our responsibility to ensure they are not disturbed.
- Purchasing locally produced items- from handicrafts to breweries to savouries
Keeping minimum carbon footprint and nil plastic footprints on the trail through not burning plastic or wood.
Things an Eco-Traveler carries
Apart from personal clothing and toiletries following items need to be carried in order to make
this do it yourself and minimum footprint trek and also for your personal convenience-
- Carry your own water bottle, tea up and a tiffin box for packing lunch, instead of using
disposable packing material.
- Water bottle with filters are available, however the natural
resources are clean and pristine.
- It’s good to carry dry fruits and nuts for personal use.
- Carry a day bag pack, we will provide potters for those need it, however, only essentials can be carried for an overnight trek in a daypack. A waste bag to collect waste on the way in your day pack.
Travel light and easy to enjoy the true essence of backpacking!
Inclusions and Exclusions:
Trip Cost Includes
- Pick up from Shimla and drop at Shimla.
- All accommodation
- All meals: breakfast, lunch dinner during in village homestays
- Area Permit & TIMS Cards if any.
- All transportation, tourist service charge, VAT and Office Service charge
Trip Cost Excludes
- All bar bills, beverages such as coke, Fanta, sprite and mineral water, meals outside of
accommodation wherever applicable (We do not encourage bottled drinks as it generates plastic)
- Personal Equipment’s and rescue operation in case of emergency
Any expenses which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political trouble, and strikes etc.
- Laundry, phone calls, internet, heater charge and wifi services.
Tips for guide, porters, and medical expenses.
Travelling and Trekking in high altitudes require basic fitness and mental endurance, our team will
ensure successful completion and will provide guidance and support, in case of an unforeseen event
however, we will handle it to the best of our capacity, and the ultimate responsibility lies with each
traveller. We do not take guarantee of a sighting, however, our team is of experts and will cover most major sights of spotting.