This Tour has been specially designed for photographic enthusiasts and aspirants who wish to learn and
explore astrophotography. There is not a better place in the country that Spiti Valley that can offer the
most ideal landscape as well as night skies for this splendid experience.
No. of Travel Days: 7 nights/ 8 Days
Best Season: June – Oct
Max. Altitude: 4500 m
Accommodation: Hotels, Village Home Stays and Camps
Price Design: Price on Request
Price Inclusions: All Transportation
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner (Please read detailed inclusions at the end)
Day 1: Manali
Aspirants have to arrive in Manali, we will arrange night stay in Manali.
Day 2: Manali – Kaza
Today we make our way to Kaza, which is the Sub. Div. of Dist. Lahaul and Spiti. We will cross Rohtang
Pass and Kunzum Pass on our way, the drive is an adventurous and scenic one, we will reach Kaza after a drive of 9-12 hours depending on the road and traffic conditions.
Day 3: Kaza
We will have an easy and late morning at Kaza today after a long treacherous drive, post lunch we will
discuss the plan of the rest of the days of the tour/workshop and drive to a nearby village – Langza
(Buddha Statue), Hikkim (World’s Highest Post Office and Asia’s highest polling booth) and Komic
(World’s highest motorable village). The same night we shall go shooting at some nearby locations
around Kaza to warm up.
Day 4: Kaza – Pin Valley – Lalung – Dhankar – Mane
We start the day and drive towards Mud, the last village in Pin Valley National Park, then we visit Lalung
and Dhankar Monastery and finally halt at Mane. Night Skies are most certainly better in villages in
Spiti because of the altitude and the villages have a small population and human-generated lightings are
lower. We drive to village Mane which is about 90 mins drive from Kaza, we enjoy the village life till dusk, post an early dinner we visit a few close by spots for star-gazing.
Day 5: Stay in Mane
For those that love to hike and trek can utilize the day to trek to the high altitude alpine lake from Mane
– Yangtso, it would be 6-7 hours of the walk-in total. The other can enjoy at the homestay or just walk around the village. We continue with the workshop post an early dinner.
Day 6: Kaza
We drive back to Kaza from Mane, one will get free time to look around Kaza for last minute shopping
for gifts and visit the Kaza Monastery, we will close the tour with visiting some nearby locations for Astro shots
Day 7: Kaza – Chandratal
Next early morning we leave from Kaza towards to Chandratal Lake (Moon Lake). The drive is about 6-8
hours from Kaza. We enjoy the sunset at the lake and the rest at our campsite at Chandratal.
Day 8: Chandratal – Manali
Next early morning we leave from Chandratal to Manali via Kunzum Pass and Rohtang Pass, we have come to the end of the journey.
Hello Fellow Travelers, Thank you for choosing Spiti Expedition, at the offset, we are extremely excited and totally
looking forward to hosting a memorable trip for you. We love living in outdoors and the adrenaline,
we also believe that it is truly the greatest gift of God, the beauty and magic outdoors, hence the
need to respect it. We are laying very basic and easy to do guidelines for the same with the
motive of leaving a minimum footprint, preserving the flora, fauna, biodiversity and ecology of the
region along with coming close to local communities and culture of the region. We truly believe
that you will help us in initiating this and become an Eco-Traveler, if not already one. A little on what Ecotourism exactly is, A dictionary defines it as tourism directed towards unspoilt natural environments and intended
to support conservation efforts. In addition, Eco-Traveler believes in supporting, protection and
at the same time experiencing local culture and heritage. Tourism results in social, as well as
environmental impacts, and a responsible tourist needs to be aware of this.
Here is how you can help
- Carrying your own water bottle, cups, plates and filling water from a natural resource, drinking locally brewed products served in a glass or recyclable materials.
- Using litter bins to trash items that do not decompose, minimum use of purchases packed in plastic, carry a waste bag for your personal non-biodegradable waste.
- Enjoying watching the biodiversity of the geography, not playing loud music or being loud,
when we go outdoors, we are borrowing home of animals and birds, it’s our responsibility to ensure they are not disturbed.
- Purchasing locally produced items- from handicrafts to breweries to savouries
Keeping minimum carbon footprint and nil plastic footprints on the trail through not burning plastic or wood.
Things an Eco-Traveler carries
Apart from personal clothing and toiletries following items need to be carried in order to make
this do it yourself and minimum footprint trek and also for your personal convenience-
- Carry your own water bottle, tea up and a tiffin box for packing lunch, instead of using
disposable packing material.
- Water bottle with filters are available, however the natural
resources are clean and pristine.
- It’s good to carry dry fruits and nuts for personal use.
- Carry a day bag pack, we will provide potters for those need it, however, only essentials can be carried for an overnight trek in a daypack. A waste bag to collect waste on the way in your day pack.
Travel light and easy to enjoy the true essence of backpacking!
Inclusions and Exclusions:
Trip Cost Includes
- Pick up from Manali and drop at /Manali
All accommodation ( Day 1- Day 7)
- Meals on MAP: Breakfast and Dinner
Area Permit & TIMS Cards.
- All transportation, tourist service charge, GST and Office Service charge.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any meals outside of accommodation and lunch anywhere.
- Travel insurance
- Personal Equipment’s and rescue operation in case of emergency
Any expenses which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political trouble, and strikes etc.
- Laundry, phone calls, internet, heater charge and Wi-Fi services.
Note: This trip can be personalized as per your requirements that meet your time frame. The trip
price will be according to Deluxe, Standard, Budget and group size so please kindly provide your details for a tailor-made program.
Traveling and Trekking in high altitudes require basic fitness and mental endurance, our team will
ensure successful completion and will provide guidance and support, in case of an unforeseen event
however, we will handle it to the best of our capacity, and the ultimate responsibility lies with each traveller.